Product Of Australia
Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fibre, a useful source of potassium, magnesium, niacin and thiamine.
100g of White Potatoes (Flesh and Skin) yields the following:
- Calories – 70
- Total Carbs – 5% of DV
- Protein – 1.68g
- Dietary Fibre – 10% of DV
- Vitamin C – 33% of DV
- Calcium – 1% of DV
- Iron – 3% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Choose potatoes which are free from cuts and bruises, green colouring and shoots or eyes. Greening may occur in the harvesting area, the marketplace, the retail store, and the home.
- When purchasing washed potatoes, be sure to keep them away from any light as the removal of soil from potatoes exposes the skin to light and makes the potatoes more susceptible to greening. Exposure to light also encourages sprouting.
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place, not in the refrigerator.
- Keep away from light as it will cause greening and sprouting.
- Washed potatoes are best stored in the fridge but should be removed from plastic bags.
- If stored in a cool dark place, potatoes will keep for a few weeks.