- Technically a pear.
- Round in shape, like an apple.
- Cream/white flesh which is firm, crisp and juicy.
- Skin is green/yellow.
- Skin is russeted (brown speckled).
- Has the appearance and texture of an apple and the flavour of a pear.
An excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fibre.
100g of Nashi yields the following:
- Calories – 42
- Total Carbs – 4% of DV
- Protein – 0.5g
- Dietary Fibre – 14% of DV
- Vitamin C – 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Select nashi which are firm and plump with unblemished skin. The skin, depending upon variety, may be either clear green-yellow, partially russeted or fully russeted and cinnamon like in colour.
Ripen at room temperature and store in the refrigerator crisper for a short time.
Product Of Australia