The word ‘nectarine’ means sweet as nectar and this is reflected through the fruit’s sweet, succulent flavour and firm texture. A brighter, smaller and fuzzless variety of a peach, a nectarine’s flesh can be coloured white, yellow, orange or red, and the pulp also exhibits these colourations.
- Chose medium to large, firm nectarines with smooth skin.
- Avoid nectarines with wrinkled or green skin.
- Nectarines ripen in cool, dark places.
- Store unripe nectarines in a paper bag for up to two days.
- When ripe, store nectarines in a refrigerator up to five days.
Product of Australia