Product Of Australia
Lemons are yellow citrus fruits composed of a thick skin and fragrant, acidic juice. They flourish in winter, particularly in tropical and subtropical regions. They’re perfect for adding a bit of flavour to desserts, drinks and marinades, or try squeezing some on a fresh salad.
Known for its anti-bacterial properties, lemons are a high source of vitamin C, fibre and antioxidants. 100g of lemon offers the following percentages of your Daily Value:
- Calcium – 2% of DV
- Vitamin C – 88% of DV
- Iron – 3% of DV
- Vitamin B-6 – 5% of DV
- Magnesium – 2% of DV
- When selecting lemons, go for the ones that are slightly soft when lightly squeezed.
- The lemon should be heavy, have a pleasant fragrance and bright yellow skin.
- Thin-skinned lemons have more juice, while thicker-skinned ones can be used for their zest.
- Lemons will stay fresh at room temperature for one week.
- You can also store lemons in the refrigerator for about four weeks.