Carrots - 1kg Bag
Our Harvest Markets 1kg bags of carrots are the convenient way to buy one of most versatile vegetables around. They are widely enjoyed around the world because of their deliciousness and versatility in a number of dishes. Carrots can make a great snack or can add flavour to complex dishes, salads or stews.
Carrots are high in nutrients, fibre and antioxidants, making them the perfect health food. Their antioxidant value has been linked to having anti-cancer effects on those who eat them regularly. 100g of carrot offers the following:
- Vitamin A – 334% of DV
- Calcium – 3% of DV
- Vitamin C – 10% of DV
- Iron – 2% of DV
- Vitamin B-6 – 7% of DV
- Magnesium – 3% of DV
- Select a firm carrot with a bright orange colour and fairly smooth skin.
- If buying carrots with the leaves still intact, look for vibrant, green coloured leaves that are fresh and healthy.
- Avoid carrots that have lumps, are dull in colour and black near the head.
- Carrots should be dry before refrigerating and kept inside a plastic bag. If left to lie in water they will develop soft rots.
- If allowed to dry out they become limp and may develop a brown surface discolouration. This is harmless and can be
removed by peeling.
- Carrots can be stored for several weeks.
Product Of Australia