Product Of Australia
- The most common bean shoots are mung beans.
- They have been used in Chinese cuisine for centuries.
- Shoots are about 6 to 8 cm long, thin and white and contain the intact roots.
- Are sometimes grown in the dark so the developing leaves can be pale yellow.
- They have a crunchy, slightly nutty flavour.
- Very high in vitamin A.
- Available: all year.
Botanical Name: Phaseolus aureus
100g of Bean Shoot Sprout yields the following:
- Calories – 20
- Protein – 5% of DV
- Dietary Fibre – 5% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.