Product Of Australia
Bananas are nutritious, delicious and convenient. Their unique shape makes them a perfect snack for on-the-go that offers up energy to get through your day. They’re also ideal for being used in smoothies or in baking.
Their high potassium content makes them perfect snacks for long-lasting energy throughout their day. With zero fat and cholesterol, bananas make great additions to your breakfast meal. 100g of banana offers the following:
- Vitamin A – 1% of DV
- Vitamin C – 14% of DV
- Iron – 1% of DV
- Vitamin B-6 – 20% of DV
- Magnesium – 6% of DV
- Potassium – 10% of DV
- The riper and browner your bananas are, the more intense their sweetness and flavour will be.
- Wait a few days for your green banana to ripen. The yellow skin will gradually turn brown and soft.
- A banana skin should have a few black spots, and feel soft but firm when lightly pressed.
- Bananas are best kept at room temperature (avoid refrigerating).
- They should last for about one week.