Our Harvest Market snacking carrots are a tasty, nutritious and convenient snack which are ideal for lunchboxes, picnics as a healthy treat.
Carrots are high in nutrients, fibre and antioxidants, making them the perfect health food. Their antioxidant value has been linked to having anti-cancer effects on those who eat them regularly. 100g of carrot offers the following:
- Vitamin A – 334% of DV
- Calcium – 3% of DV
- Vitamin C – 10% of DV
- Iron – 2% of DV
- Vitamin B-6 – 7% of DV
- Magnesium – 3% of DV
- Select a firm carrot with a bright orange colour and fairly smooth skin.
- If buying carrots with the leaves still intact, look for vibrant, green coloured leaves that are fresh and healthy.
- Avoid carrots that have lumps, are dull in colour and black near the head.
- Carrots should be dry before refrigerating and kept inside a plastic bag. If left to lie in water they will develop soft rots.
- If allowed to dry out they become limp and may develop a brown surface discolouration. This is harmless and can be
removed by peeling.
- Carrots can be stored for several weeks.
Product Of Australia