Product Of Australia
Raspberries remain one of the world’s most consumed berries due to its fresh, juicy flavour. They can be eaten raw as snacks, made into desserts and smoothies, and as marinade for different meats.
Raspberries are rich in powerful antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. They help decrease the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. 100g of raspberries offers the following:
- Vitamin C – 43% of DV
- Vitamin K – 12% of DV
- Folate – 6% of DV
- Manganese – 41% of DV
- Select raspberries that are firm, dry, brightly coloured, and plump.
- Avoid raspberries that are wet and mouldy.
- Avoid raspberries with bruises or dents.
- Raspberries perish quickly therefore it is best to purchase one or two days prior to use.
- Choose berries that are firm, plump and deep in colour.